July 19, 2008

Idyllic

This morning from the verandah.

We are certainly priviledged to live in a gorgeous place in a stunning country. I am so lucky to have so many stunning views from my front verandah. These do certainly keep us going in the good and not so good times. I certainly do draw on them for strength from time to time.

Turkeys in the compost - farm below.


But the interesting thing is how we view into others lives - we look at the outside things - the pictures - the talk - and we feel maybe sometimes we are missing out and we could maybe have it that way thinking life would be better. There's always a bit of truth in that however like my own on the outside seemingly idyllic lifestyle in beautiful surroundings parenting 2 beautiful girls, involved in work I love, there are the weeks of flu - coughing and vomiting and over tiredness - messy houses - strained discussions !!

My escape to the outside world.

Yes I do wish for things to be different at times - but there is nothing like hanging out the washing on a fine day in my little spot here in the Wairarapa - watching the full moon rise over our valley - waking up to a brilliant display of colour and most of all having my family around me with no pressures to be here or there - even if they are all sick in bed !!


Re the poo thing - for those interested that is .... beautiful yellow colour - but still runny and a wee bit explosive - so if chocolate is the laxative factor ... it hasn't made a difference. Perhaps then it was the citrus, acidy stuff that was the blood causing .. therefore slow reintroduction, I think would be best, of the chocolate substances back into my diet first and then see if anything changes from there ..... and then maybe test out the other foods !!

Our bush below the house ... the other morning.

Enjoy your weekends and I hope you are saved from the flus and colds and have idyllic 'moments' to enjoy.

2 comments:

FrankWS said...

Very true in what you reflect on. Regretfully I did not not take time to "smell the flowers" and appreciate the great things around me - not the least my family.

Sally said...

I have just posted about the rain and it couldn't look more different than your lovely pictures here at the moment. Nice to see though that we are all in the same boat. ALthough we dont have poo and sickness, the interminable rain, darkness and cold is pretty soul destroying. However, this too shall pass and in 4 weeks it is SPRING!! Hope Hazel is doing ok. She is a real cutie.